High Quality Links Real Estate Photo Editing

You can talk here about the post forum
naim@

High Quality Links Real Estate Photo Editing

Post by naim@ »

Editor's note: “Ask an SEO” is a weekly column written by technical SEO Real Estate Photo Editing expert Jenny Halasz . Come up with your toughest SEO question and fill out our form. You might see your answer in the next AskanSEO post! Today's Ask an SEO question is from John in Philadelphia. He wants to know: In your experience, what is the difference between a “high quality” link and a “low quality” link? Any advice on how we can make a difference? Also, is there a safe mix of low-quality and high-quality links? Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is the value of the link. It can be difficult to determine if a link is valuable, and it takes years of link analysis to Real Estate Photo Editing create good instincts. When I analyze a link, there are a number of different factors that come into play before I even begin to consider its individual value.

For simplicity, let's say you're analyzing a link for your own site, although you Real Estate Photo Editing could also analyze a competitor's site or a customer's site. Advertising Continue reading below Questions to ask during a link audit Have I engaged in shady linking practices or do I have reason to believe someone on my team has? If you know questionable things have been done in the past, you know you need to hold yourself to a higher than average standard when auditing links. A lot of trash accumulates in any link profile over time, so some “bad” links are normal. But if you know you've submitted to a thousand directories, or paid dubious bloggers to write articles, or spammed press releases, etc., then you know you have a mess to clean up. Did I receive a manual action? If I received an actual manual Real Estate Photo Editing action from Google, they probably gave me examples of the type of link behavior they don't like. Although I should always remove as much spam as possible, I should be very critical of anything that fits the pattern of examples given to me.

Advertising Continue reading below Have I suffered a recent loss of traffic? Similar Real Estate Photo Editing to the above, if I have reason to believe that my loss of traffic is due to an algorithmic evaluation of my "bad" links, then I need to be more critical than I would be if I was just doing an audit of routine. Once you've assessed how critical you need to be of your links, that makes the next part easier. How to assess the value of a link Possible bad links fall into a few different categories. When evaluating links, see if you can Real Estate Photo Editing drop them into the following groups: Paid bloggers Site Race Paid advertising / press releases Rotate bookmarks / articles Directories Affiliates Natural links There are other types of links, but these are the most common.